Wednesday, May 14, 2014

21DSD: Days 16 & 17

I've had a busy work week, and the longer hours have made it difficult to keep up with the blog.  More importantly though, I've stayed on track, and I also feel that, even with the heightened work stress, I've been coping with it pretty well - better than I would have in the past.  Could it be that this change in my diet is helping me to concentrate better, stay focused, and keep calm and even keel?  It could be indeed, given that a ride on the sugar roller coaster can make us feel irritable and anxious.  Not me, I'm chill, yo!  Well, maybe I'm feeling a little stressed, but for the most part, I'm feeling pretty good.

It's getting late, and I have to get into the office early again tomorrow for another jam packed day, so here's my recap for yesterday and today 

Day 17 - Today

Time Went to Bed Last night: 11:30 pm. 
Time got up this morning: 6:30 am.    
How I felt when I woke up (excellent, good, fair, poor): good
General Mood/Energy throughout the day (excellent, good, fair,  poor):  Good/good - I felt as though I was very focused today - got a lot done and controlled the chaos at work.
Exercise (type/duration):   Made it to the later yoga class tonight after a nearly 12 hour day at the office. Booyah!
Breakfast:  Coffee with cream, banana, almonds
Lunch:  Made myself a salad at Byerlys - greens, veggies, turkey, eggs, cheese, bacon
Dinner:  Leftover Mexican lime chicken with salsa and cheese on top of black beans.
Snack: More almonds
Water Intake: At least 8 glasses

Day 16 - Yesterday

Time Went to Bed Last night: 12 am. 
Time got up this morning: 6 am.    
How I felt when I woke up (excellent, good, fair, poor): good
General Mood/Energy throughout the day (excellent, good, fair,  poor):  Good/good - busy busy day....
Exercise (type/duration):   Not today
Breakfast:  Coffee with cream, egg white muffins with spinach, feta, sausage
Lunch:  Went to pancheros and had a salad with chicken, veggies and topped with queso...mmmmm!  (yes, it's allowed at level one!! Such a treat!)
Dinner:  Beans with cheese, salsa, sour cream and black olives (lazy person's dinner since neither B or i felt like cooking, but filling, fueling, and felt a little indulgent, like a mexican layer dip)
Snack:  Almonds, banana
Water Intake: At least 6 glasses

No comments:

Post a Comment