Sunday, May 18, 2014

21DSD: Day 21 - Mission Accomplished!

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood for SO MANY reasons!  It was a bright, sunny 72 degrees today, it's the end of a lovely weekend, I finished my project this morning, I got in 2 solid workouts today, and....I completed my 21 day detox!

Today marks "day the final", and tomorrow I'll settle into a modified version of the detox, one that allows for a bit more variety of fruit (though keeping to 1-2 helpings), some additional legumes and carb sources, like hummus and sweet potato (though I'll still mostly away from the refined stuff and the gluten), and yes, wine and cocktails, though I will more or less limit those to the weekend.

Tomorrow morning, I'll step on the scale to see how I fared in the weigh loss dept.  I'll share those results, along with my detox recap, a little later in the week, probably Wednesday or Thursday.  Tomorrow I also plan to treat myself to a Starbucks iced venti coffee with agave in the AM and a glass of wine (or 2) for the planned girls night to watch the season opener of the Bachelorette in the evening (don't judge! it's a fun excuse to get together and catch up sans the men in our lives).

And now, here's the DAY 21 Rundown:

Time Went to Bed Last night: 1 am. 
Time got up this morning: 8:30 am
How I felt when I woke up (excellent, good, fair, poor): good
General Mood/Energy throughout the day (excellent, good, fair, poor):  good/good.  put in a few hours of work this morning and finished my work project
Exercise (type/duration):   B and I rented Nice Rides and biked around Lake Calhoun. I also ran 4.2 miles through the Lyndale Gardens and around Lake Harriet.  Not too shabby.
Breakfast:  Coffee with cream.  That's it.  I don't advocate skipping breakfast, but I got into a groove while working and finishing up my project that I didn't stop to prepare anything beyond 2 cups of coffee.
Lunch: Got a chicken salad at chipotle, with beans, pico, onions and peppers, cheese and sour cream
Dinner:  We cooked up some ground beef, onions and peppers, with cheese and salsa (yes, quite similar to lunch....what can I say? Food with a little mex/tex-mex flair works well with the detox)
Snack: Almonds
Water Intake: at least 6 glasses 

No comments:

Post a Comment